Jun 27, 2013

An Interview With Lydia

Here's Interview #5, featuring Lydia from For My Own Satisfaction and The Book Chewers. Enjoy! :)




Tell us about yourself.
I'm an avid blogger. I love to create, and I love colors, words, messes and songs. I'm a book person, so I'm constantly reading. I like having unusual conversations and I like to make people laugh. Raspberry sherbet is my favorite. 


What inspired you to start a blog?
I think I was fourteen when I started blogging. My mom mentioned once or twice that she thought I would be good at it, but I had no idea what a blog was. After a friend started one, I fell in love with the idea and started a blog as well. Blogging suited me marvelously (and still does). 


What is your favourite thing about blogging?
There's the creative aspect, of course. That's why I originally began blogging, and it's why I continue. However, I think my favorite part is the part I least expected, and that's the opportunity to connect with other bloggers. I didn't realize that I would "meet" so many different people, and I certainly didn't realize that I would form some genuine friendships. 


Which would you prefer: taking photographs, drawing, writing, dancing, or singing?
Writing. I've always been able to express myself best on paper. 


What are three things that you did today?
I partially tidied my room, listened to waltzes on my record player, and worked on a post for my book blog. 




What items do you usually bring in your bag?
I hate rummaging through lots of stuff, so I usually keep it simple. Wallet, phone, a small notebook, a couple pens . . . sometimes my hairbrush and a book or two if I'm using my largest purse.


What do you want to be when you get older?
I graduated early from high school, so I've gone on to take graphic design classes at the local community college. I don't know if graphic design will be a long-term career or just something that I do for myself, but I do know that it's something I'm very excited to learn. I can definitely see myself working as a freelance writer or author; and I will always be interested in the possibility of running various blogs and small businesses on the side. 


Do you have any favourite quotes? If yes, what are they? 

"Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it." -Mary Oliver

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." -George Bernard Shaw

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde

"Our truest response to the irrationality of the world is to paint or sing or write, for only in such response do we find truth." -Madeleine L'Engle

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" -Mary Oliver


If you could do absolutely anything, what would you do?
Mmm, tough one. Travel the world? 


If there is one thing you’d want people to remember most about you, what would it be?
I'd like to be remembered as a person who lived life fully. A person who fiercely loved people and beauty, and created with wild abandon! :)


{Images (c) Lydia Morris}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so, so much for your encouraging words! I hope your day is as awesome as you are. c: