Jun 26, 2013

An Interview With Alyianna

Meet Alyianna Baggins from Scribbles of a Catholic Teen. I hope you enjoy reading her answers! :)




Tell us about yourself.
My Internet name is Alyianna Baggins, but my friends call me either Ally or Anna. :) When I need to write a short one-sentence blurb about myself, I usually say, "I'm a seventeen-year-old North American Catholic girl who loves her Faith..." and then add on to that. There are so many thing I could tack onto that list: my favourite book trilogy, The Lord of the Rings...another of my favourite books (and musicals and movies), Les Miserables...my love for both reading and writing books...my love of singing, of fangirling, of making music videos... My name, a mixture of my favourite character of all characters (Frodo Baggins) and a name that I made for a role-playing games character, is just the beginning of me. :)


What inspired you to start a blog?
Actually, the first time I ever started blogging was when I had to make a blog for Social Studies in Grade 10. Then I decided to make a LOTR blog (Password to Middle Earth)...but then I wanted a blog where I could blog about my life, things I liked, etc. etc. That was the beginning of my main blog - Scribbles of a Catholic Teen. Ever since then, I've started other blogs, like Alyianna's Reviews and my writing blog, The Road Goes Ever On.


What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I like to share my thoughts on the world with other people who will agree with me (and are, thus, scarce). I like to make new friends from other parts of the world.


Which would you prefer: taking photographs, drawing, writing, dancing, or singing?
Oooh...that's a hard one. I'm stuck between writing and singing.


What are three things that you did today?
Well, since it's early in the morning as I'm typing this...had breakfast, watched a Once Upon a Time clip with my sister, and went to a math elive (an online class).


What items do you usually bring in your bag?
My bag? I guess that means my purse. :P A cosmetic bag, a mini one-decade Rosary, and tissues. :P


What do you want to be when you get older?
Heh. Well, I guess I already count as "older" since I'm going to college this fall. I'm going to be an elementary teacher. :)




Do you have any favourite quotes? If yes, what are they?
Favourite quotes? I would never be able to mention all of them, so I'll try to stick to only a few.

"If I had two souls, I could risk one,
but since I have only one, I must save it."
-St. Thomas More

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

"Take my hand, I'll lead you to salvation. Take my love, for love is everlasting. And remember, the truth that once was spoken: To love another person is to see the face of God."
- Les Miserables

"You're going to lose. I know that now. Good always wins."
- Snow White, Once Upon a Time


If you could do absolutely anything, what would you do?
Hmm....anything, you say? Well, if the expenses could be magically paid for, I'd like to travel - to Poland (I'm half Polish), to New Zealand, all over Europe (especially to Italy, and also Scotland, Ireland, France), and all over North America, especially my country (which none of you can know...yet ;P). I'd also like to get a record deal to sing covers, like Susan Boyle. :) And I'd like to go to a whole lot of places with friends (one being an amusement park), perhaps on a road trip (I've never gone on one with friends but it sounds fun!), and ending up with a big party with dancing.


If there is one thing you’d want people to remember most about you, what would it be?
That I am Catholic. And that I'm a friendly person who would love to be your best friend, and I don't want to be lied to and used as a mat, even if I'm not good at standing up and letting people I'm not one.



-----

Thanks for allowing me to interview you, Alyianna! What do you guys think of her answers? :)

{PS By the time you read this, I will be on a plane to Virginia. So pumped. :D}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so, so much for your encouraging words! I hope your day is as awesome as you are. c: