Jul 9, 2013

An Interview With Neeley

Meet Neeley, the tenth blogger in the series. She blogs at Run Free. Hope you like her answers! :)




Tell us about yourself.
Hi there people! I'm Neeley - a student living in the south. I'm a storyteller through writing and photography. My loves are heart words, cities, movies and the film industry as a whole, wild adventures, folk music, and long beautiful books. I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ, after he has saved me by His amazing grace.


What inspired you to start a blog?
Writing is my number one passion and I wanted a place to keep me writing out my story. I have major issues sharing my writing and I wanted a way to force my voice out in the world a bit. It all sort of fell together last summer. I am excited to see where it will lead in the future.


What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Both capturing memories and throwing my heart when necessary. It's amazing to remember and look back as a public sort of journal. For example, I try to blog whenever I go on trips and it's pretty great to look back upon everything.


Which would you prefer: taking photographs, drawing, writing, dancing, or singing?
Writing. Since even before I could write, I dreamed of being an author. I can't imagine a life in my future that doesn't involve a career in it.




What are three things that you did today?
Bake cobbler, go shopping with my Grandmother, and edit a recent engagement shoot.


What items do you usually bring in your bag?
I rarely carry a purse, normally my camera bag serves instead. But either way, I bring my phone, gum, chap stick and some kind of paper + pen just in case. When I bring my camera bag, I also bring my camera, extra lens + memory card, etc.


What do you want to be when you get older?
I've always felt God's calling for me to be a missionary. Whether that involves international missions or serving here in America (I've always thought of serving or church planting in a big city), I've yet to know God's will. But I trust, whatever his plan is, It is better than I can imagine. On top of that, I really have a desire to write stories. I'd love to spend my days writing missionary memoirs and stories inspired by people I met...but again, I'll have to just wait and see.


Do you have any favourite quotes? If yes, what are they?
The list is endless by here is a few:
“I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow; but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” -Agatha Cristine
“God never asks us to forsake one thing without asking us to embrace something much better.” - John Kitchen

“I don't want to live, I want to love first and live incidentally.” ― Zelda Fitzgerald


If you could do absolutely anything, what would you do?
See the Northern Lights. Maybe in Alaska, maybe in Norway - really wherever. It's one of my biggest dreams ever since I can remember.


If there is one thing you’d want people to remember most about you, what would it be?
Someone who ran free. Ran reckless for the gospel and let go of the chains this world may bring.


{Images (c) Neeley M.}

1 comment:

  1. The photos are very beautiful. :)

    http://orangeclosetdoors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for your encouraging words! I hope your day is as awesome as you are. c: