Jul 14, 2013

An Interview With Jemimah

Meet Jemimah, the twelfth and final blogger in the series. She's superb at photography and graphic/web design, and she's insanely talented at writing. She recently moved her blog to Exploring Intrepidity, though her past work can be viewed here as well. I hope you enjoy her answers, and I hope you enjoyed this series too!




Tell us about yourself.
Hullo there. I'm Jemimah with an 'h', obviously — an introverted dreamer pursuing the life of a photographer + writer + journalist. I smell books before reading them, use both the British and American rules of spelling and punctuation, favour all flavours of tea except for ginger. And when asked to summarise my passions, I usually say storytelling, creating art, and exploring intrepidity (which happens to be my blog's name).


What inspired you to start a blog?
It isn't a very grand history, actually. My sister simply introduced me to the world of blogs and blogging, and I jumped at the first opportunity to make one — for the sake of experience and skill enhancement. But since then, blogging has evolved into a branch of my storytelling passion, and that's what motivates me to continue in this blogosphere.


What is your favourite thing about blogging?
My favourite thing is comprised of two things. First: storytelling. Being someone whose way of expressing is through words and art, blogging has become a means of voicing out thoughts and telling of stories that hopefully resonate with and inspire other people. Which leads me to the second: communicating. I've 'met' a lot of of people through blogging, and I believe it should be more than just a platform for popularity. There are real, living beings behind blogs and names. It's wonderful to be able to know them more and communicate a conversation to them, whether by post or by comment.




Which would you prefer: taking photographs, drawing, writing, dancing, or singing?
As much as I love partaking in all, I've always had a greater affinity for photography and writing. (Yes, I am aware I chose two. Don't follow my example, okay, kids?)


What are three things that you did today?
'Typer-writed' a writing assignment, spontaneously broke out singing 'Home on the Range', and practiced my long-neglected violin.


What items do you usually bring in your bag?
My pen(s) and a darling line-free journal I fondly call Bilbo often come along on my adventures. There's bound to be some necessities, Chinese medicine (I'm merely precautionary, not a hypochondriac), and a book for company in there as well.


What do you want to be when you get older?
Wiser. Seriously. Vocationally speaking, though, I want to be a travelling photojournalist, part time novelist, part time graphic/web designer. Is that dreaming too much?


Do you have any favourite quotes? If yes, what are they?
Because there are too many, I've limited myself to four:
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde

“Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it, and above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light.”
― Joseph Pulitzer

“Maybe some are so busy waiting, they forget what indescribable beauty is right there in front of them.”
― Adam Young

“The best way to measure how much you've grown isn't by inches or the number of laps you can now run around the track, or even your grade point average — though those things are important, to be sure. It's what you've done with your time, how you've chosen to spend your days, and whom you've touched this year. That, to me, is the greatest measure of success.”
― R.J. Palacio, Wonder


If you could do absolutely anything, what would you do?
Travel to every country in the world...in more than eighty days, of course.


If there is one thing you’d want people to remember most about you, what would it be?
I want to be remembered as someone who lived intentionally and intrepidly despite many fears, flaws, and imperfections — not so much as for herself, but for the One who created her.




{Images (c) Jemimah C.}
{PS Great things are coming soon. ;)}

2 comments:

  1. I absolutelly adore this interview <3 Jemimah has such a smooth, captivating way with words.

    as to her other epic talents? I'll not even go there; far too brilliant. :)

    oh and she's gorgeous! inside and out.

    and she's.. just... wonderful.

    and .... I love Jemimah <3

    xx Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for your encouraging words! I hope your day is as awesome as you are. c: