Apr 11, 2012

Mabuhay From Manila!

Greetings, everyone! Or as we say in Manila, Philippines, "Mabuhay!" Here are little snippets of my trip so far. (Sorry for the grainy quality of the pictures. I don't own a DSLR--I only borrow--so I had to settle for the iPod Touch.)


Waiting (not so patiently) at the airport.


The view of the plane window that I could not capture with a simple iPod.


Treetops in the province against a clear sky that is almost mint green (or maybe it's just the effect).


 Lovely flowers that remind me of sunshine.


A landscape that is perfect for playing Hunger Games. ;)


A random pile of branches that could be used to make a bow and some arrows. (Katniss moment.)


 My pretty, crazy cousins. The middle one (should I mention her name or should I protect her anonymity? loljk) wore her hair in a long side braid the day before, so she was Katniss. Haha.


Little cousins playing. :)


This lovely pattern.


Eating at Sizzlin' Pepper Steak. Ah, happiness.




Plus a few other moments that, unfortunately, I wasn't able to capture with pictures.
Like meeting up with my super awesome friend Arielle and her family to watch The Hunger Games,
gaining a collection of notebooks to take back home (I have five so far),
eating so much good food,
returning to Instagram (follow me, @iamasmiley!),
planning more meet-ups,
awkward silences,
putting chocolate masks with my cousin Abby that made us look like lepers
 making dinner for eight all by ourselves (well, we kind of needed some help with the stove and the pasta noodles),
and reminiscing sweet memories.


That is what my trip has been so far. I hope you all have an awesome weekend! Stay smiling! :)




{Images (c) Hannah G.}

1 comment:

Thank you so, so much for your encouraging words! I hope your day is as awesome as you are. c: