Jan 11, 2012

Setting an Example

The beginning of this week has been so far a bit of a whirlwind. I've had assignments to submit (I'm trying a different form of homeschooling this year so I have teachers and assignments), new material to learn, younger siblings to attend to, books to read, posts to write, church and school activities to go to and, of course, there's always the never-ending pile of dishes to do. But amidst all the busyness, I'm thankful that my mom always makes sure we start each day with the word of the Lord.

This week I was reminded of how I should live my life as a Christian. I should be the type of Christian who would serve as an example for other people. 1 Thessalonians 1:7 says, "And so you [the Thessalonians] became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia." Because the Thessalonians had great faith, they inspired and became examples to other Christians. They didn't know it but they became an example to millions of Christians all over the world--including me. Isn't that amazing, to reach people around the world just by setting a good example? That's why I chose this next verse as my life verse:

"You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts." - 2 Corinthians 3:3

I chose it because it tells me that in whatever I do, especially in front of others, I serve as a "letter" from Christ. In the words that I speak and the things I do, I represent Him. I'm an ambassador for Him, and I know that to serve as an example to others, I must first follow the example of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so, so much for your encouraging words! I hope your day is as awesome as you are. c: