Feb 27, 2013

He Loves Me


Around a week or two ago, I went through a really rough time. In a way, though, I'm almost glad it happened. Through it, I was able to experience God's love in such a deep and personal way. I am so awed and humbled that the powerful and amazing God, seeing the darkest parts of me, would love me anyway. I could go into detail here about what the situation was, how I felt, etc., but none of it matters, and I would probably end up feeding you with so many words that you'd miss the point. So all I'm going to say is this: I am not worthless. I am not a mistake. I don't need makeup, or boys, or nice clothes, or praise from others to know that I'm beautiful. And, really, those things don't measure beauty at all. I am beautiful, simply and entirely because God, the creator of heaven and earth, made me. Sometimes I look at myself and hate what I see, but God looks at me and sees His beloved daughter, whom He created and redeemed. He loves me, and that is all I could ever want or need.

2 comments:

  1. Aww... I love this. And I so agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Following now, stay in touch xx

    thedailysugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so, so much for your encouraging words! I hope your day is as awesome as you are. c: